1. Information We Collect
1.1 Information you give to us. We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use Simplifi. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
- Account Information. When you sign up for an Simplifi account, we require certain information such as your first name, last name, email address, phone number, nationality, and date of birth.
- Identity Verification Information. To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license, as permitted by applicable laws) or other authentication information.
- Payment Information. To subscribe to our service we may require you to provide certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments.
- Communications with Simplifi. When you communicate with Simplifi, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
1.2 Information you choose to give us. You may choose to provide us with additional personal information in order to obtain a better user experience when using Simplifi. This additional information will be processed based on your consent.
- Additional Profile Information. You may choose to provide additional information as part of your Simplifi profile (such as gender, preferred language(s), marital status, personal avatar image, and personal tax reference information.)
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your Simplifi Account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, or use other features of Simplifi.
1.3 Information we automatically collect from your use of the Website. When you use Simplifi, we automatically collect information, including personal information, about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of Simplifi.
- Geo-location Information. When you use certain features of Simplifi, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with Simplifi such as the pages or content you view, and other actions on Simplifi.
- Log Data and Device Information. We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use Simplifi, even if you have not created a Simplifi account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used Simplifi (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, and cookie data.
1.4 Information we collect from Third Parties. Simplifi may collect information, including personal information, that others provide about you when they use the Website, or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Website. We do not control, supervise or respond for how the third parties providing your information process your personal data, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
- Third Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to Simplifi with a third party service (e.g. Google, Facebook, LinkedIn), the third party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results (with your consent where required) or fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the Website through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks.
2. How we use Information we Collect
2.1 We use, store, and process information, including personal information, about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop Simplifi, create
and maintain a trusted and safer environment and comply with our legal obligations.
2.2 Provide, Improve, and Develop Simplifi: We use, store, and process information to:
- Enable you to access and use Simplifi.
- Operate, protect, improve, and optimize Simplifi and the User experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- Provide customer service, and technical support.
- Send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
- If you provide us with your contacts’ information, we may process this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iii) for any purpose you authorize at the time of collection.
We process this information given our legitimate interest in improving Simplifi and our Users’ experience with it, and where it is
necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you.
2.3 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing: We use, store, and process information to:
- Enable you to access and use Simplifi.
- Send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences (including information about Simplifi or partner campaigns and services) and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook or Google).
- Personalize, measure, and improve our advertising.
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Simplifi or its third party partners.
- Conduct profiling on your characteristics and preferences (based on the information you provide to us, your interactions with the Website, information obtained from third parties, and your search and booking history) to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think may be of interest to you.
Your explicit consent is required for processing your personal information for the purposes listed in this section. Once consent is granted, you can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications or changing your notification settings within your Simplifi Account.
3. Sharing and Disclosure
3.1 With your Consent. Where you have provided consent, we share your information, including personal information, as described
at the time of consent, such as when you authorize a third party application or website to access your Simplifi Account, or when you add a new User to
your Simplifi Account, or when you participate in promotional activities conducted by Simplifi partners or third parties. Simplifi has no control over, and
applications so that you can be informed of how they will handle personal information.
3.2 Compliance with Law, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protection of our Rights. Simplifi may disclose your information, including personal information, to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against Simplifi, (iii) to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, (iv) to enforce and administer our Terms of Service, the Payment Terms or other agreements with Members, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Simplifi, its employees, its Members, or members of the public.
3.4 Aggregated Data. We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
4. Third Party Partners and Integrations
4.1 The Website may contain links to third party websites or services, such as third party integrations, co-branded services, or third party-branded services (“Third Party Partners”). Simplifi doesn’t own or control these Third Party Partners and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the Third Party Partner, Simplifi, or both. These Third Party Partners will have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the other websites you visit.
5. Your Rights
5.1 You may exercise any of the rights described in this section before your Simplifi Data Controller by sending an email
to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
5.2 Managing Your Information. You may access and update some of your information through your Account settings. If you have chosen to connect your Simplifi Account to a third-party application, like Facebook or Google, you can change your settings and remove permission for the app by changing your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date.
5.2 Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information. You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (and which you cannot update yourself within your Simplifi Account).
5.3 Data Access and Portability. In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request copies of your personal information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
5.4 Data Retention and Erasure. We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information to provide our Service to you, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your Simplifi Account. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend an Simplifi Account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that Simplifi Account to prevent that Member from opening a new Simplifi Account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, Simplifi may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because we maintain the Website to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
5.5 Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing. Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by Simplifi
you may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your Account settings or by sending a communication to Simplifi specifying which consent you are
withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its
withdrawal. Additionally, in some jurisdictions, applicable law may give you the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information, in particular
where (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information; (iii) we
no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise or defence of
legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to the processing pursuant to Section 6.6 and pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of Simplifi
override your own.
5.6 Objection to Processing. In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to require Simplifi not to process your personal information for certain specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing Simplifi will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes, you may, at any time ask Simplifi to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
5.7 Lodging Complaints. You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by Simplifi before the competent data protection authorities.
6.1 We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information are firewalls and data encryption, and information access controls. If you know or have reason to believe that your Simplifi Account credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Simplifi Account, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section of the Website.
8. Contact us